Silicone Molding is a popular prototyping process that produces engineered plastic parts to simulate production material.
Often times, the parts produced by using silicone molding are used to test fit and function or in some cases as short product lives due to rapidly changing technology. Short-run production allows you to create your part for quick time-to-market without the huge up front cost.
In silicone tooling process, liquid silicone rubber is poured around a master model.
The resulting mold is pulled from the model and cured, then subsequently used to cast duplicate parts. Silicone molding will faithfully replicate the complexities.
The key advantage of silicone molding is being able to obtain higher quantities of small prototypes with relatively low cost, speed, versatility, and accuracy.
• Functional prototypes and visual models with good detail and surface finishing
• Cast urethanes ranging greatly in rigidity, temperature tolerance, color and texture
• Accuracy within 0.001 inch
• Can be used for short-run production in certain situations
• Delivery of part(s) usually in 2 weeks
Interested or any question, please contact us.